Friday, March 17, 2017

Happy at Work

I read a good article this week in Entrepreneur.com.  It was talking how to make a successful workforce.  It has 5 steps: Have a good employees who fit the mold, have fun at work, gratitude to employees, leading with purpose, and lifelong studying.

I really enjoyed about what they stated on making work fun.  There was comment about an employee who came up to the boss, if they were able to meet a certain quota by a certain time, they could spend the rest of the day flying paper airplanes.  The boss was reluctant but consented, but by 3:30 the team had exceeded the agreed quota.  The point of the matter is that employees will rise to the occasion when given an option to enjoy themselves.  I also believe the last lesson about encouraging the employees to learn on the company dime that is relevant to the company expansion. I believe that knowledge is power.

This week the weather has broken into the 60s but still raining.  I am taking a chance this weekend to get people out to buy Arborvitae.  This winter was bad and caused a lot of the Arborvitae to snap or branches hang too low.  This causes people to want to replace.  I have put my ad out on Craiglist.  This method has been successful in the past.  I hope it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment