Do we give up our values for the benefits of profits? I was able to read and listen to some
entrepreneurs and their experiences of success.
I keep on thinking of people like Bernie Madoff and Jeffrey Skilling of
Enron and think what were they thinking of before they got caught? Did they have morals and values to guide them
in their journey? I believe they did and
they probably followed those morals for a while. Then I ask myself what made the change in
letting go of their moral and values?
Are we vulnerable like them when we are faced with big payoff, IF you
can make it? Is it a sudden change or
does it come little by little like a flaxen cord wrapping around and before you
know it you are bound? I have come to
believe that if you don’t have the values up front and reinforce them
periodically then we are doomed to what success can bring. The world teaches that values are of the way
side and no one should mind if you bend your morals or values for progress.
I don’t believe we have to give up our morals for success. I don’t believe that money, power, or fame corrupts
us. It is ourselves that are corrupted and those objects or ideals are just
that. With money, I could do a lot of good.
With fame and power, you are able to influence people in a good way and
help people rise. The world has been
made and broken on those who have chosen to stick to morals and those who do
not.
No comments:
Post a Comment