On the road to greatness we sometimes forget where we came from and who helped us get there. I learned this week to be truly successful we need to remember all those that have come before us and to look at how we can help those are coming behind us.
If we only search for profit and forget to give back we are taking away what was not really to be taken. The Lord gives us blessings, they are given to us for a time, but we should pay it forward. We need to show charity. In the scriptures charity is the pure love of Christ. I think that charity is a means to find true happiness. I am not speaking that money or profit is bad, but if we have to sacrifice ourselves to the dollar then we have become the slave to it. If we cannot find happiness in the service to man then we have truly lost ourselves. I have witnessed in my life as I have strive to increase sales and profitability of our company and show kindness to my employees and give personally, the Lord increases my capacity for more wealth. Money is good when you use it for good.
I listen to an Elder in my church named Elder Gay. He has lived a successful life, but his early life with his wife was meager. He learned how to make money by starting a business while going to school. What made me surprise was that he was grateful that the business was successful enough to hire people. He wanted to give people a job so they can have money. I feel when we have a life of looking to improve peoples lives the Lord does open the windows of Heaven to bless us monetarily and wisdom.
No comments:
Post a Comment