Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Practice makes Perfect

As the phrase goes "Practice makes Perfect" is truly what I am feeling this week.  When reading the book "Mastery" by George Leonard he emphasize to the road of mastery you must be willing to put the practice in to make yourself your self-master.

I ask myself often these days what do I want to be a master of?  I want whatever I am mastering to be something of worth.  To be the best yo-yo person is not what I say would help my eternal progression.  Then I realize I want to be the best disciple of Christ, husband, father, and friend to those that need it.  I have the list in order of priority.

I know many say the same thing and we cannot all be the best, but we can master ourselves to be the best person to whom it may concern.  My Savior knows me well enough that if I am doing my best He will accept that.  My wife, if she see I am total committed to this relationship, she will only say I am the best.  As for my children, I teach and love them as they should be then they will put me as the best.  As for a friend, I will be the friend they need me to be not what they want me to be.  There is fine line between the difference.

How am I going to achieve this.  It will be by practice.  Each day I have been given the same amount of time as anyone else.  I will put my effort where it really matters.  I will try to humble myself to realize I am not always right, and learn from those people to whom I want the relationship with.  Once I understand them I can see them as my Father in Heaven sees them.  Once I have completed this I become the master.

In the order I have put my priority, will be like domino affect on the next person.  If love my Savior as I have been commanded, my wife will see that.  My children see how much I love their mother, they will respect me.  My friends see what kind of person I am to my family and to my Savior they will respect me.

I figure when the home is safe, the rest of your life will be safe.  You can tackle anything that comes to you.  When there is strength in the home, no force can take it down.  However, if we wing ourselves from what is important then evil will creep in and destroy what is most precious.  Then your life will crumble and peace will not be with you.  You will no longer be the master, but a slave to the circumstances that occur.  This all comes from practicing what you dearly want.  Then perfection will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment