Friday, October 14, 2016

The Path to a Jedi

     When I think of Mastery, I think of Star Wars and the Jedi.  When Yoda was instructing young Luke Skywalker he told him to unlearn everything he has learned to clear his mind.  What good advice when it comes to mastering ourselves.    In order in our lives to better ourselves we must be ever vigilant in becoming better and removing the personal obstacles in our lives that enable us to become great.

     This week I learned about perseverance from James E. Faust.  When he said about persevering in the church and doing what Heavenly Father wants us to do, Heavenly Father will open doors to making things happen in our lives for our benefit.  As we are persevering we come to know our Lord and Savior better and gives us strength when times get harder.  James E. Faust also stated that when we you fall down get up.  The strong will not allow a fall or stumble get in the way to obtain the best prize in this life and the next life.

     I also enjoy this week’s exercise on who do we want our personal advisory board.  I have chosen mostly people that I have admired in my readings over the years.  The only person who made the list that is still alive is my wife, the rest are profound people in the history of the world.  Their legacy lived on because they made an impact in the lives of millions.  I would like to have those people on my board so when I leave this mortal world, that I have left a legacy.  I am not saying I want to have millions mourn my death, but I want people to know that I was good.


     To master ourselves is a lifelong journey and must be enjoyed also.  Take the failures and say to ourselves that we an education.  Life is too short to regret and too long to not live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment