Thursday, October 6, 2016

Does Fear hold us back?

I believe fear is what causes the future to not be bright.  We look at ourselves and feel in inadequate for greatness.  If we plant ourselves in solid foundation of our self constitution .we can conquer our fears.

This week I was privilege to look deeper into myself and do a self evaluation.  It is not easy to be honest with myself.  I had to know what I really wanted.  Also see what I am also most fearful of.  We don't want to see what we are fearful because it shows us our weakness.  We are fearful because facing our weakness will mean work.  The work to make our weakness to be not weakness will requires diligence and discipline which is hard to do when the world is saying be yourselves and don't let anyone tell you what to do.

If we choose to conquer the weakness and pursue the diligence to be a disciple to our constitution then I feel our fears will dissipate.  Our passion will overshadow the demons of fear.  Our worse case fears will not be as bad as it seems because we have evaluated the exit strategy if our adventure does go south.

I feel my fears are mostly based on disapproval of those that I love most.  I am expressive person and I want people to like me, but if I choose some of things I want to do, then I feel I might lose the approval of those that I feel is closest to me.

When the time comes to meet our maker we ask ourselves what is the legacy I left behind?  Most of us do not want to regret.  My advice in that is don't let fear let you down a path of regret.  Babe Ruth stated, "Don't let the fear of striking out stop you from playing."  I feel that is good idea, let yourself strike out because you will learn.  Don't fear failure, but embrace when it comes.

I am teaching my child to not fear failure.  I believe she will grow more if she does.  Give more, play more, love more, trust more.  The list can go on, do not let your fear let you stop growing.


No comments:

Post a Comment