Friday, February 10, 2017

Purple Cows and Long Hair Adviser

Reading this last week was emphasize on Seth Godin book "The Purple Cow".  Reading the article it makes perfect sense on what as business owners need to do to make sure he/she is successful.  What does a Purple Cow have to do with anything in business?  In business you need to differentiate yourself from your competitors.  Sometimes you have to push some abstract ideas.  I remember at the nursery trade show every year there was as man who dressed up a like a leprechaun.  I don't know if his business was successful, because our product line never crossed.  However, I do remember what he sold, it was small green ferns, mosses, and other greenery to liven the home up.  He was the purple cow at the show.

Reading E-myth is a great way to help standardize your business.  He talks greatly about franchises and making sure your business can be duplicated.  I liked he told his background of being a long hair adviser.  His book is brilliant, I have been using much of what he is teaching into my business currently.

There has not been much progress in my business.  My business is greatly influenced by good weather.  In the great NorthWest, it rains a lot in the winter.  But when we get a break in the weather people come out and enjoy the outdoors and work in their yards.  This years weather with the snow we have had has done big damages to plants, so this is where I can come in an advertise the low cost savings to replace the plants.  I am just keep securing the plants for when the weather is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment