This week we were challenge to what company we should start for our charity. I chose to sell #2 quality nursery stock. I would go about looking at the poor quality nursery stock we are going to throw away because our customers would not be willing to take it due to quality. To save it from the dump I would advertise to the local community if they are interested in a plant that would cost at Home Depot $6.00, mine for $2.00 and the only problem is that the plant is leaning in the pot. With a little bit of education to the buyer of these plants that there is nothing wrong with these plants and that all they would have to do is plant it straight in the ground. I have located a spot for the sale of these plants. There is no cost for the plants except for the price of the container and that is only if I sell the plants.
I also learned more about what a true entrepreneur is all about. It was nice to read about how the world views the entrepreneur. America is still the land of opportunity according the reading this week. There is a lot of opportunity growth in the US. I also did not know that the US was the first country to adapt to the Entrepreneur Management style back in the late 70's. I am curious to know what the world be like in 20 years in regards to business. Would the US still lead the pack in regards to business. I know that people say China will dominate over the US, but if you have a country politics operate a good portions of the companies in their country they can dictate a lot of the outcome of the businesses.
I also never realize how important Israel is to the tech and financial world. They seem to know what is going on. They are very business friendly. They said a reason for success is the men are required to be in the army, and from there many business came from because the men would share their ideas of business in the barracks and start partnership.
No comments:
Post a Comment